Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grocery Shopping

I guess one could assume that there is nothing more interesting in my life to talk about besides grocery shopping, but today wasn't any ordinary grocery shopping trip. This was the first time I went grocery shopping alone with two children. I'm not sure what possessed me to attempt this today. I had dinner with a friend last night and had a good night's sleep so I was ready to face the challenge. Actually it went really well. I'll do it again soon. I put Josiah in the front pack facing out and Aliza was in the back of the cart as usual. I guess having Josiah facing out looked funny to shoppers because we got a lot of attention. And it wasn't "cute baby" attention it was looks at me like I had lost my mind! Looks that said "boy you have your hands full." The great thing was I had my hands full, but my kids were great. Aliza behaved and Josiah was quiet. I had everything under control.

Aliza was a little squished when I put the bags in the back of the cart with her. The bag of corn beside her was a little tipsy so I told her to sit down and hold the corn. Next thing I know she is holding the bag of frozen corn saying "ok Mommy." I guess I didn't specify what corn. But how did she find that frozen corn so fast?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! We mom's just do what we have to! I still enjoy keeping up with you through the blogger world!