Thursday, August 7, 2008

What Now?

I've written before about our family walks to visit the horses. Well, it has been a week or so since we walked. Tonight it was a bit cooler and so we decided to take a walk. We approached the fence that feels almost like our own and was welcomed with a new sign. One that said basically Danger....electric fence. Now what? Jeremy checked it out and the line is within extremely easy reach of the rail that Aliza hangs on to. I actually did knock on the neighbor's door and asked them if the sign was new (heaven forbid that I had missed this sign all this time!) and whether the fence was always going to be activated. Yes to both.

On the walk back I remembered a conversation with another neighbor about these horses getting loose recently so that is probably the reason they went with the electric fence.

But now I'm not sure what to do. Obviously I have a safety issue, but the road is so nice to walk on I don't want to lose it!

No comments: