Saturday, September 20, 2008

Battle Wound

Saturday morning is my morning to get up with the children so that Jeremy can sleep in. Usually I have a really bad attitude about this, but this morning I tried really hard to be in a good mood and got up quickly so that Jeremy wouldn't be disturbed. I was still really groggy so I agreed to let Aliza watch a Dora episode and I laid on the couch.

After Dora was over I still didn't feel like moving and carrying on an animated conversation so Aliza crawled up beside me on the couch. She was squirmy and at one point she sat up and threw herself back. She thought she was going to land on the pillow, but instead she connected squarely with my head. My forehead right above my left eye. I should add that I was sitting up the same time she was coming back so we connected with momentum on both ends.

We both started crying. My initial thought was that my 2 year old just broke my skull. I picked her up and carried her upstairs. I woke up Jeremy. He took one look at me and sprung into action. I had a huge goose egg on my head. Aliza settled down quickly. I was still crying. It took an hour for the "fog" to clear. I now have a rather large purple spot developing on my head. Should be lovely as the bruise moves down into my eye area.

Good news though. We picked up Jeremy's car tonight. It was an electrical problem. Now he can continue his quest to 300,000 miles! And I don't have to drive a minivan....yet.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Awww... hopefully it'll be nice and purple for cake class and I can get a good picture :-) I know you'll appreciate that. Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

ouch!...but i couldnt help but laugh as i was picturing this--sorry!

chrissy said...

So happy to hear that the car will make it a bit longer. Too bad you got hurt though. How was aliza's head? Wounds around the eye always look worse before they get better.. awww.