Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Decoration

Can you tell the children were really into pumpkin carving? Somehow I managed to have to clean up 2 drink spills and 1 broken glass jar in the 15 minutes it took Jeremy to scoop out 2 pumpkins.

I saw this idea in a magazine (I can't remember which one) and again on TV this morning. I put a mum in one pumpkin and fresh cut flowers in the other pumpkin. I wanted to get a couple bumpy gourds to put with them on the table, but when I looked for them at the grocery store last week there were none to be found. I'm happy though. I love the extra color in my house.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was worth it, the pumpkins look great! I'll have to try it sometime.
Janell

chrissy said...

Your pumpkins look awesome. The gourds you are looking for are usually plentiful at How Sweet It Is. I purchased 100 of them for our wedding reception and then forgot to decorate the tables with them. I had them all over the house for at least 2 months!