Thursday, May 29, 2014

Starting Summer Off Right

I had planned to pick strawberries last week, but then I got sick. So this was the week. We had to actually work for our berries this year. The berries were smaller and a lot had white tips, but they were still yummy!


We picked 5 gallons of berries. (I believe those are 1 gallon buckets.)
I think we ate almost one bucket fresh. We walked in the door and the children sat down and started eating! Granted, it was lunchtime and we were all starving.

I made 3 batches of jam and froze 9 full quart bags. Anna helped me top berries for a little while. She's my kitchen helper!

The reward for getting berries done (read: the reward for the children happily entertaining themselves while Mommy worked on berries) was a morning at the beach. It was well deserved. The children were great on berry day....hmmm...maybe I need another berry day.

It was a nice warm day, perfect for sitting on the beach. My children thought it was a perfect day for swimming! They were in the water the whole time. Whatever makes them happy! I'll get in the water in July or August!

No comments: