Friday, June 18, 2021

All the Fun Stuff

 This month our social calendar has been full. Today is the first day in several weeks where there is nothing on the calendar and I couldn't be happier about it. I love people and doing fun things and then I love coming home and having a day to catch up. I blame COVID for making me a full fledged introvert.

We had an afternoon at Pemberton Park hiking with friends.

Isaiah had his first follow up appointment with orthopedic. I was surprised and beyond thrilled when they fitted him with an Exos cast. It is REMOVEABLE and WASHABLE. Do you know what that means?! It can get wet! He takes it off to take a bath. The weekend after he got it we went to the beach. Jeremy is the master of problem solving so I wanted him with me the first go around at the beach with a cast. It went great. Isaiah played in the water. When we got home we washed and dried his cast while he took a bath and put it back on again.
Meanwhile, Aliza had Driver's Ed for 10 nights. She was the youngest in her class but it made so much sense for her take it with three of her friends from youth group. This was Aliza's first classroom experience. She adjusted and did great. I knew she would pass the test but I was anxiously waiting for her to get home that night to tell that she had, indeed, passed. One night the Moms of these kids went out to supper. Jeremy and I did a date night swap with another couple whose daughter was in the class.
Janell invited us to go to a Maui Jack's water park with her and girls. The water a bit chilly, but it was a really nice day to be out in the sun.

While we were there, Aliza was at a pool party with her dance class.

Josiah and Anna were all kinds of adventurous (for them) and went down the water slides. They LOVED it. Isaiah was pretty bummed that they didn't want to play with him the whole time.

Josiah, Renee and Lydia did the fast slides. Josiah went down more than once!
I hung out with Isaiah in the kids pool. He did have fun. Everyone wants to go back soon. Isaiah says, though, that he wants to wait until his arm is healed and he grows another inch to be able to go on the big slides.
Yesterday afternoon and evening Aliza was at the beach with her friends celebrating Alena's birthday. She had so much fun. I'm so grateful that she has this group to do life with.


 

 

No comments: