Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Little Things

There is a break in the progress on our house. I'm thankful that the lull is happening now while I still have a kitchen. I'm hoping beyond hope that all the logistics work out smoothly once the kitchen is gone. 

I planted a few flower seeds this year. The zinnias are blooming. I love bringing in flowers to brighten the house.


We have had BUSY weekends. Jeremy's parents stayed at the beach for their anniversary the other weekend and we spend a rainy Saturday afternoon with them. Some swam in the (very cold) indoor swimming pool and we had Island Creamery ice cream.

The next weekend we went to my aunt and uncle's house in Pennsylvania. This is a weekend we all look forward to every summer.



Isaiah woke up Friday morning not able to walk on this right leg. His knee was swollen and I had no idea how he injured it. It was swollen all weekend, but that didn't stop him from keeping up with all the activities even with a limp. He never complained or even said his leg hurt. I kept Ibuprofen in him and I think the cold stream water helped too. I was pretty worried about him on Friday!







All afternoon on Saturday we were at the stream--kayaking, swimming and exploring. The smaller blue kayak was just the right size for Isaiah.
The evening was just the right temperature for smores and biscuit bowls over the fire. The favorite biscuit bowl filling this time was chocolate, strawberry jelly and whip. 


That night the temperature dipped into the 50s. It was just a lovely little foretaste of fall. 

Last week we had our first days of school. This week are doing full days of school when the schedule allows. We still have cousin days, beach days and full weekends planned!

No comments: