Saturday, March 19, 2022

Master Bedroom

 This room was our living room before the addition.





Now it has become our bedroom. At the end of construction--actually the week of Christmas--a closet was built on the big wall. Jeremy and I have not had a proper closet so is a pretty exciting addition to our bedroom.


I almost forgot to take a before picture of this side! The couch was in that corner between the windows.

This project took weeks because we had all kinds of life interruptions--like a funeral and covid and birthday parties. 

Jeremy removed the baseboard heating system.
Removed the plaster.
Adhered shims to attach the drywall to.
Put up drywall. And then I did the mudding of the drywall. I did not include a picture of this because I kindof made a mess that created a lot of sanding!
Jeremy installed french doors to close the room. That was a new project for him. YouTube makes pretty excellent tutorials!

I caulked and primed and then Jeremy put up trim. Two more coats of paint and the room was finished!

Mom scrubbed the ceiling fan and floor for us. It felt like a room that could be moved into then! What a difference a good cleaning makes.


Last Monday evening Jeremy changed the electric outlets and hung the curtains.


It's taking a bit to adjust. The room is growing on me though. I'd like a new comforter, and area rug and wall decor. All in good time. 

1 room finished, 6 to go.

No comments: