Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Last Week

 On one of our warm sunny days, the lunch conversation turned to how much everyone loves going to Pemberton Park. We finished school and headed out for a walk. There wasn't much time before the next thing we had to do, but everyone was happy to get out.

It was Aliza and Josaih who recognized the blooming fiddleleaf ferns.
Isaiah got "tired" and laid down and Josiah offered to be his pillow.
On Friday Mom and I went to a friend's house to get some starts for my flowerbeds. Anna Mae has flowerbeds around her entire farm home and she just kept digging starts for me. Each bag in the picture has a different plant in it.
Naturally, those plants needed to get back in the ground as soon as possible. After supper, Josiah and I did some quick ground clearing and planting. It was after dark until we finished watering the plants. I have about 5 different places around the house they they are planted. I had almost forgotten how happy flowering plants make me! Now we will see if I can keep them alive!
Saturday brought a big, unexpected surprised. When we planned the kitchen, the space for the refrigerator was made larger than our current small refrigerator because, in the event that we would replace it, we would get a larger one.
Without warning, a MUCH larger refrigerator became available. I measured the space and soon after Jeremy and my Dad had it loaded on the truck. Thankfully our doorways were also built wide enough to accommodate moving in a large refrigerator! lol It was pretty tight in a few places.
It was originally bought off the floor as a scratch and dent. The price was negotiated to well less than half of the original price and was used for an outreach food program.
It's amazing! It looks just right in the kitchen. There is so much space in the freezer and the fridge. Even after the week's grocery shopping there was extra room.
 I'm just truly grateful for this gift that I didn't even know I needed or even wanted!
 

No comments: