Friday, December 2, 2022

Thanksgiving Baking

We took the whole week of Thanksgiving off of school. It was lovely...in spite of everyone getting sick by Friday. I set aside Wednesday to be a baking day for Thanksgiving. I was slated to take pumpkin whoopie pies and apple pie for dessert.

Josiah offered to help so he mixed up the pumpkin whoopie pies.

And then Isaiah really wanted to help cut the apples for the apple pie. That was a little sketchy, but there were no injuries.
While we were making the apple pie, Isaiah lamented that I wasn't baking anything he liked and he would really really like some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
And so I mixed up a batch of cookies too! 

The first round of holiday baking in a big kitchen was so fun! There was room for several things to be happening at the same time and space for dishes to stack up and cookies to come out of the oven.

Just another "first" that made me so grateful all over again.
 

No comments: