Sunday, November 12, 2023

Applesauce and Family

 I was a given a bunch of apples and after giving away a bunch, I still had more than we could eat. On a lovely afternoon I decided to make a small batch of applesauce. Lucky for me, I had some willing helpers that made the process very fast.


Now it's in the freezer because the best homemade applesauce is served icy!
The Texas Heslop family came to our house for the weekend! It was so fun to have them here. Isaiah had the best time with Evelyn. Florence spent hours in Aliza's room playing with her Ever After High dolls.
Anna, Sarah, Karen and I went to listen to Anna's guitar teacher play at a winery that is very close to our house. That was really fun for Anna!
I had a huge #momfail moment that Anna will forever be able to remind me of. After supper we decided that a trip to Island Creamery was just what we needed. I cleaned up the kitchen and then we loaded up in three cars. When we got in Island Creamery, Sarah was taking a picture of us all in line. I looked around and realized that Anna was not there. Immediately I knew that she was in her room and had no idea that we had even left to get ice cream. Of course I instantly headed back to the car to get her. After multiple calls, she answered and I told her that, in fact, she was home alone. As I suspected she had no idea. I picked her up and we went back and got our ice cream.

Isaiah got to go with them on a quick sunset stop at the beach. They were hoping to see some ponies and they were successful. It made me happy that Isaiah could have that extra bit of time with his cousins. 

Their visit went by too quickly, but I'm so glad we got to see them!
 

No comments: