Saturday, February 17, 2024

Savoring Moments and An Embarrassing Story

 


 I'm catching myself savoring these moments when all 4 children are together. I'm so aware that this season of life is quickly changing and I'm having all the feelings about it.

Instead of thinking too much about growing up children, we can laugh instead. During ESL last week I had such an embarrassing moment. We were playing the "flyswatter game" to review colors. I had colored pieces of construction paper taped to the whiteboard. The students were in two lines. I call out a color and the first students in line would race to the board to "swat" the correct color. The students were enjoying it and all was going well until I took a step back and slipped on a laminated poster that had fallen on the ground. The leg went completely out from under me and I ended up on the ground. Before I could even figure out what had happened, a student was helping me up. All I could do was laugh. How does that even happen to a person!? Most of the class couldn't see what happened because they were standing up in lines. Still embarrassing and a good story and a good reason to laugh at myself. 

There are no dull moments around here!

No comments: