Sunday, March 24, 2024

Tree Cutting Party

 My parents had a couple tall pine trees cut. It was a beautiful day and we made it the start of a little spring break from school.


Dad thoroughly enjoyed the morning of sitting back and watching the work get done without his involvement.
We all enjoyed watching with him! It was quite the spectator event. Between watching puddles rise and trees being cut down, I know I'm very easily entertained!

The company took the largest pieces of trunk. By the end of the project there were 7 or 8 trunk pieces in that truck.
After lunch all of us got to work. Grandad worked on cutting the large pieces while the rest of us loaded the pickup. When the pickup was full, Josiah drove us to the transfer station where we could unload. Josiah had the best time driving Grandad's truck!


While we were loading the pickup I put this plastic cup of water on the bumper of the truck. I completely forgot about it, and was VERY surprised to find it just as I left it when we got to the transfer station. I told Josiah he must be a very smooth driver.


 That afternoon we loaded the truck 4 times and took 3 loads to the transfer station. I preferred loading the truck. Josiah preferred unloading. We were all happy to get to help Grandad get a start on his cleanup. I think we could hardly see a dent in it that afternoon. The next day Jeremy, Josiah, Isaiah and some of the other men went back and helped get the biggest pile cleaned up. 

Even though I completely wore myself out as I was still getting over a cold, it felt good to get out and work in the beginning days of spring.

No comments: