Sunday, April 28, 2024

My Two Recital Dancers

 All week my Mom emotions were on the surface over this being Aliza's last dance recital. I went to her last class along with the other home school moms that I have gotten to know well over the last 11 years. I saw Aliza's dances for the first time and I think all of the Moms shed a few tears. Four of the five girls in this class are seniors and have danced together for MANY years.

The jazz dance was Be My Guest from Beauty and the Beast. The girls all came up with their own costumes. Aliza was Mrs. Potts and it took a village to make this costume! Her Aunt Laura made the skirt--to Aliza's specifications--and our friend Cheryl crocheted the teapot lid. It proved to be tricky to find a way to keep that lid on Aliza's head, but another friend told me what clips to buy and I sewed 6 of them in a circle. That lid did not even wobble during the dance!



Their lyrical dance was dramatic and storytelling. And I cried. Not just a little bit. Lots of tears streaming down my face. To made matters even worse, at the end of the applause, Aliza pointed up acknowledging God and her last dance and that just made me cry more. I definitely had all the feelings of being a Senior Mom.


My dance mom days are not over though! 

This was Anna's first year doing Pointe in the recital. It was fun to see how much she has grown this year.


All of Anna's dances were complex. There are 16 in her class. That's a lot of 13 year olds to coordinate! Their lyrical dance was When You Believe from Prince of Egypt. It was beautiful.


Anna really enjoys tap. It's something that is completely her own.

This kick line in the jazz dance was the biggest challenge. Anna was so nervous about it. She tasked me with praying that they would all be in sync. They were! It looked great!
I was so proud of both of my girls for all of their hard work and enthusiasm!


Sister dance pictures might just be my favorite!



 

 

No comments: