Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Husband Appreciation

 I'm the type of wife that dreams up ideas that I cannot accomplish on my own. Most recently I thought it would be a great idea to move a flat piece of deck that we had saved from remodeling back up to the house. Jeremy thought about it and watched some videos and this weekend he and Josiah moved it with a system of levers (other pieces of leftover deck and wood) and rollers (PVC pipe).

It was a slow, tedious process. Josiah and his Dad made a good team and they accomplished the challenge.

 That took a good chunk of the day and Jeremy was pretty tired that evening. His day wasn't over though! As I was coming down the stairs from putting Isaiah to bed, a bat was flying up the stairs. Ugh!! 

Anna had told me that morning that she thought she had seen something flying in her room that night and that she had come down and slept on the couch. I checked her room before bed, didn't see anything and told her it was probably a dream. (great Mom answer, I know) 

I came flying down the stairs "yelling" for Jeremy at a level that would hopefully not wake up all of the children. I had stayed in Isaiah's room longer than I should have because my book was good and was almost finished. I scurried into Josiah's room (he was still up) and closed the door. Anna joined me pretty quickly. She woke up when Jeremy was trying to stir the bat up in her room. She had seen the bat again as she was falling asleep and blamed it on her imagination (bless her heart). Aliza stuck her head out of her room and saw the  bat fly past. She shut her door and went back to bed (such maturity!). Isaiah slept through the whole thing. And Josiah was completely nonplussed and ended up helping Jeremy. It took a good 20 minutes for Jeremy to find the bat. It ended up downstairs in the curtains. So gross. Anna slept on the floor of our room. There was no way she was going back upstairs.

Sunday, when I pulled the door closed on our way out for church, the doorknob broke off in my hand. After a busy day of church and choir concert, Jeremy spent the entire evening trying to finagle a new doorknob to match our current keys. 

Monday, Jeremy worked from home. When he took a break in the afternoon, he cleaned out the washer drain because the water wasn't draining properly. There was a sock in a place where it was not supposed to be. He then spent the evening fixing a desktop computer for the girls that needed monitor and graphic card help. 

All that to say, I wouldn't make it very long without Jeremy. He works all day and then comes home to lots of people who love him like crazy...and usually a couple more things that I need or want help with. Jeremy, you are so loved! You are special and I'm so proud of you. Thanks for being my partner in life.

No comments: