Monday, August 26, 2024

Road Trip

 I took a road trip with my Mom! We had 4 days of driving, sitting, visiting with family and listening. It was lovely and it was a completely different pace than I am used to!

Our first stop was visiting my sister, Linda and her husband the little guy they are taking care of for an afternoon. It was really nice to see where they live and fun to play with a baby. When we went to the park, I may have introduced him to Pokemon. He listened but wasn't very interested. lol

After supper, Mom and I drove the hour and a half to my aunt and uncle's house in Sturgis, Michigan. It was still light when we arrived and I enjoyed walking around the yard looking at all of her flowers. That is her painting on the barn, and I loved it.


On Sunday all 7 of my Mom's siblings were together for the afternoon and evening.


These two brothers have farmed together for 50 years.

There was homemade ice cream and peach cobbler made in a dutch over over a fire. The ice cream was made with the engine their grandfather made homemade ice cream with. I approve of driving to Michigan for ice cream and peach cobbler!
Being the only one of my generation around the table with all of my aunts and uncles is a memory that I will hold dear to my heart. 

On Monday we drove the whole way home--12 hours for me, 12.5 for mom. Even with children who are so grown, I still feel the pull to be home for them.


 

No comments: