Monday, September 14, 2026

Fun and Transitions

The week after Aliza moved, Grandma and Grandpa came to Chincoteague for a week. The kids and I went for an afternoon at the beach. It was really a perfect day. Such a perfect day that I even got in the water. There is no picture proof...lol. Jeremy said he always misses the milestones! I'm sure it had been more than 20 years since I had been in the ocean. 



Later that week, we went to Chincoteague in the evening so that Jeremy could go with us. We had supper at Ledo's an played mini golf with Grandma and Grandpa. Of course, we also got Island Creamery--on BOTH of the trips this week!


Anna has her driver's permit! She was so incredibly nervous to take the knowledge test. Passing on her first try (with a 100%) was a huge boost to her confidence. I'm hoping she takes that confidence into her schoolwork this year! Anna was hesitant to start driving. It took about a week to get her behind the wheel. Now she asks just about every day if I can take her driving! It's always a relief to me when the kids have enough experience to drive our regular routes and I don't have to build in driving time into the schedule. 

Anna, Isaiah and I started school on Aug 31. Isaiah is in 7th grade. There is an increase in responsibility  and it's taking a bit for Isaiah to adjust. Anna has a lot of credits in 10th grade. She will be busy. It's nice to see her determined to apply herself and do her best. 

Aliza came home Labor Day weekend. We *may* all have been outside waiting for her. Aliza's favorite is a movie night snuggled up beside her Dad. The first night it was Napoleon Dynamite. Dumbest movie ever and Jeremy loves it. When the kids laughed through it and there was a standing ovation at the end, Jeremy was grinning. 

My first glimpse of a dental hygienist in-the-making. Aliza was practicing on her mouth model. Her 7 hour Labor Day drive back to school will, hopefully, be her worst drive. 
Then Josiah started college classes. Maybe I'm the only homeschool mom that holds my breath a little bit until I see my kid is going to succeed in college. It's probably how the mama bird feels in the moment between pushing the baby bird out of the nest and seeing it actually fly. 

He's had feelings and he's been able to function well through them. He has his to-do list that he keeps updated. I've heard him say, "This is a lot of character development happening all at once." And "I'm already getting more comfortable writing." I've heard him talk more in the last week than I have in a very long time (maybe ever!). As long as I'm the girl that gets to be his "emotional support" and is invited to sit beside him while he writes, I'll consider it a privilege!


 

 

No comments: