Saturday, October 27, 2018

All the Little Things

A few weeks ago, when the remnants of Hurricane Michael came through, we got 6+ inches of rain and a tree fell down. The tree is still laying in our yard. Someday we will have a sunny Saturday and it will get taken care of!
Isaiah had his 4 year well check. My least favorite of all the well checks because it has a lot of shots. So I had myself all worked up for a difficult visit...and Isaiah was awesome. He stood on the scales, talked to the doctor and didn't even flinch during the shots. This kid has a different personality than my others! I walked out of the store with pizza, doughnuts and a paw patrol kinderegg for him.
Jeremy and I went to a Mercy Me concert and the children spent the night with Janell. We had a lot of fun at the concert.

I finally worked up the nerve to bake the 20 pound turkey that was given to me almost a year ago. I'm not afraid anymore! It turned out very well with plenty of leftovers!
I came downstairs one morning this week and found Isaiah half on the couch with the blanket over his head sound asleep. I wished I could do the exact same thing.
This is going to be what my children talk about when they look back on their childhood. And, at this point, I think they will talk about it with the fondest of memories. They are often all playing the same game--there is always conversation during the day about who will play what game with who during computer times. There is almost constant conversation, exclamations, team work and the older ones are very patient in helping Isaiah when he gets stuck. But don't underestimate how much Isaiah can do on his own! This will probably always be the area of motherhood where I struggles with the most feelings of guilt and failure too.
Isaiah has been hanging out with Aliza while she does school. I can't quite figure out how she gets anything done, but she does. I find them on my bed with all of Isaiah's stuffed animals watching Aliza's lesson. She is busy doing her work while keeping up the game of "Moms and Dads" with Isaiah.

Jeremy was out of town for 3 days this week.This time I slept pretty well while he was away. And no bats came in the house--that's my worst case scenario when he's away overnight.

Every night, when I tuck Aliza in, she tells me how much she appreciates me and all I do. Sweet, sweet moments.

No comments: