Friday, February 14, 2020

A Fancy Birthday Party

Aliza's friend planned a Civil War Ball themed birthday party. Formal dresses from an era were required. I knew I wasn't buying a dress so I pulled out a couple of my bridesmaid dresses for Aliza to try on. There were two that were solid possibilities and Aliza chose the one I wore in Linda's wedding. Everyone has probably seen these pictures on Facebook or Instagram, but I wanted to put them here with words.

On the right Aliza is 6 six years old and the flower girl in Linda's wedding. She wouldn't hold my hand so I have a firm grip on her upper arm walking down the aisle. I didn't trust her to act right! I was right because she squirmed and moved all around the steps during the ceremony. On the left, Aliza is 13--a month away from 14--and wearing the bridesmaid dress instead of the flower girl dress. She no longer needs my hand on her arm. She is making good choices and has a discerning mind and spirit.
Back to the actual birthday party, Aliza had so much fun. The party was at the dance studio that Aliza goes to. They learned 3 dances. Aliza can walk into a group with far more confidence than I could when I was her age. I'm so thankful that she can enjoy these fun experiences.

No comments: