Thursday, February 20, 2020

Homeschool Snapshot--Music

Music is an area I have struggled to cover well. We took a music appreciation class that was offered by a piano teacher one year. Another year we read a whole pile of books about different composers and music styles. Other years I have tried to teach piano myself, but it just never took off.

A couple weeks ago, Anna asked to try the Simply piano app that she saw advertised. I let her try to the free version which was practically nothing. Anna was so incredibly excited about the prospect of learning to play piano that we bought the app hoping that it would be used. We are 2 weeks in and it has been a worthy investment!

Anna, Aliza and I all have profiles. Anna plays the most and continues to practice every day. She gets so proud of herself when she learns a new song. I've had a lot of fun brushing up on what I learned as a child. Aliza enjoys it, but doesn't have as much time to give to it. I think the combination of playing pop songs, immediate feedback and constantly learning something new makes you feel like you are making quick progress and keeps you wanting to play through the next exercise.


No comments: