Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Best Deal Ever

 Anna and I went shopping for her baptism dress last week. Shopping with Anna is always an event. She was stressed out because we had a time limit as we went to the mall before her dance class. I knew that we had plenty of time. I finally set an alarm on my phone so that she could relax and not worry about being late. 

Anna picked out 4 dresses to try on and narrowed it down to two easily. Deciding between those two was very hard. She did and we took a picture of the other one for whatever next event she needed a new dress for. That being settled, we headed to the register to pay. The cashier scanned the price tag that was around $60 and said that will be two eleven. I had no clue where she got that. I was thinking $211??!! That couldn't be possible. She said, "No, honey, two dollars and eleven cents!" I was even more incredulous. 

That's what the computer said so that is what I paid...$2.11 including tax...for a Sunday dress. 

We were walking away and I said, "Would you like to have that other dress for Easter?" Anna practically ran back to the rack to grab that other dress. She knew it was the only one in her size. She didn't realize that we were pretty much the only ones in the store. That dress was half price. Anna was beyond thrilled and I walked away feeling that I had gotten a deal I will most likely never see again! 

Then, of course, Anna needed shoes. She found the perfect ones and thinks I may be the most no fun mom ever that I'm making her save them for baptism.

If you need a fun shopping partner that will always give you an honest, unfiltered opinion, Anna is your girl!

No comments: