Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Getting Ready

 There were a few things that I could mostly do on my own to prepare the yard for the initial demolition needed for construction. The first Saturday that was nice enough to work outside my plan was to pick up the bricks that outlined my flowerbed and pull out the two large ornamental grasses that were beside the porch. I did those things and then I thought I would just pick up the extra bricks laying on the porch steps. And then I decided to just pull off the loose bricks on the porch steps. AND THEN I realized that when I pulled out one loose brick, it loosened one or two more bricks. I couldn't stop at that point. 

I got Jeremy, Josiah and Josiah's friend involved and we took apart quite a chunk of the porch steps. The porch remodel is not the first thing on the project list so I'm aware that I won't have steps there for a long time. It may not have been the most thought out thing I've ever done, but, as my kids were say, it was very satisfying!

The next Saturday I removed several larger plants from the flowerbed, moved a large terra cotta pot to a place where I can plant some flowers in it and then transplanted the clucks. They were still looking pretty sad, but last year they thrived and multiplied in these gutters attached to a privacy fence.

We've had a red wagon that has lost it's handle so I got Josiah to drill holes in it for drainage. We filled it with sand and dirt and then I transplanted the clucks into the wagon.

They do not look happy at all right now. Time will tell if they will adjust. I kindof like it for now.

 

No comments: