Friday, April 2, 2021

For-tea

 My sister has joined me in the 40s club!


The first plan was to go to tea, but, in the end, we prepared our own tea. 

The menu was salad, soup, tea sandwiches, scones, chocolate covered strawberries, macaroons, and...

...cupcakes! A friend of mine bakes from home as a second job. When I saw her post succulent decorated cupcakes a while ago, I knew I had to find an excuse to order some! Janell was definitely the perfect excuse.

Mom put the cupcakes in glass cups with rocks on the bottom. They looked like they were planted and were part of the place setting.

The advantage of making our own tea is that we could spend as long as we wanted talking and eating. Then we watched the first episode of Growing Floret on Magnolia Network. Floret is the flower farm that Janell and I like buying seeds from. We had been saving it to watch together and that afternoon was the perfect opportunity.
There would have been a time when Janell and I couldn't imagine being friends or that we would have anything in common, but now I count her as one of my dearest friends. I can't imagine doing life without her! I'll always admire her ability to listen thoughtfully and then calmly deliver a one line zinger of wisdom.

 

No comments: