Friday, April 30, 2021

Homeschool Formal

 Last Friday was a day where the whole day was planned. I started the day with an eye Dr appointment that I was not looking forward to. Yes, I'm getting glasses for reading. Yes, it took me forever to pick out frames. 

When I got home at 11:00, I was super thankful that everyone was finished with school. It's soooo nice to have bigger kids to help Isaiah with school when I have to do something away from home in the morning. 

We had lunch and I continued the cleaning for company that I had planned for the day. I took a minute to relax and I heard a truck stop and then the backup beeping. I knew what it was. I KNEW that on the busiest day our lumber would be delivered. I had even told Jeremy that it was going to happen. The delivery guy was so funny...he couldn't believe that all this lumber was coming to our house. It took a phone call and a minute to figure out where to have him unload it.

 


It was an "oh my goodness! This is actually going to happen!" moment.


Not much later it was time for Meghan to come over to do Aliza's hair for her homeschool formal. I finished cleaning bathrooms and making beds for Jeremy's family.


Aliza wanted her hair in a waterfall braid. At the last minute she decided to go with straightened hair instead of curls. Her friend had a dress for her to borrow and it fit perfectly. How is this almost grown up beauty my daughter?!





The formal was held at an event venue about 50 minutes away. We carpooled with her friend, Alena, and met at her house to take pictures before.



Janell made wrist corsages of paper carnations and rose buds for Aliza, Alena and Maddie. Maddie met the girls at the formal so we didn't get her in the before pictures.
Alena's mom, Melinda, and I showed up with matching colors so a picture was in order! At the last minute, Melinda and I decided to eat out and spend the evening closer to the venue instead of driving back and forth. We walked around downtown Cambridge and ate a Chinese restaurant.


Meanwhile at home, Jeremy's parents arrived and Josiah, Anna and Isaiah broke in the piles of lumber by climbing all over them and jumping off them. Isaiah was limping the next day from twisting his ankle in a jump.


The formal theme was a masquerade. When we drove in, another guy from youth group pulled in right behind us. Parents weren't allowed out of the cars, but we grabbed a quick picture of the 3 of them out the window!


This group of friends has been such an incredible gift to Aliza. She treasures these friendships. It has been such a joy to watch them encourage each other. They had SO much fun together that night. They danced the whole time. I told Aliza that I'm sure she had more fun in her one formal than I had at all the formals I attended combined.


Knowing that Aliza and Alena had a really big Saturday ahead of them the next day, we headed back to the venue a little early. It worked out perfectly because on our way the girls texted that they were FREEZING and ready to head home. The entire event was outside which I didn't realize was the plan. 

When we got home, Grandma and Grandpa and Joel and Amanda were here because dance recitals were Saturday and I'm saving that for the next post...
 

No comments: