Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Portsmouth

 Jeremy and I were invited to use our friends' condo one weekend when they were not using it. It came at the perfect time. The children stayed with Grandma and Grandad and Jeremy and I had a weekend alone in Olde Towne Portsmouth. The condo was just so cute and cozy we could have just settled in for the whole weekend.

We strolled around the Historic Olde Towne. There were so many beautiful, old houses.

The green one was my favorite. The top stories had stained glass in the window. Since it was for sale, we looked it up so we could see pictures of the inside.


That afternoon we drove over to Virginia Beach. Of course, that meant a round of mini golf.


Dinner was at a local restaurant in Portsmouth that is in the middle of the marina. It was worth the wait to eat on the water. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.



On the way home,  visited Norfolk Botanical Gardens. I love gardens. I told Jeremy that I think gardens are my beach.
I'm sure glad I chose to spend my life with this man. We've grown an awful lot together over the years. I'm so very thankful for him.

The winter orchids were blooming in the tropical greenhouse. We got a little carried away with taking pictures of all the different varieties. I'm not posting all of them!





The botanical gardens are adjacent to the Norfolk Airport. We took our lunch and sat on the hill to watch the planes while we ate. Now I want to fly somewhere!
 


We talked nonstop on the drive to Portsmouth and on the way home Jeremy watched the Master's and we were quiet. I think we were also soaking up the quiet before we picked up our children! 

No comments: