Monday, July 19, 2021

Two Weekends with Family

 After a late Friday night hanging out with Joel and Amanda, we were having a very slow Saturday morning. I was downstairs with the younger children and everyone else was still in some stage of sleeping when there was a very loud knock on the door. Granted it was mid morning... Aliza peeked out and said, "Mom, you have to see who's out there." It was 2 of Jeremy and Joel's aunts and uncles. They had no idea that Joel was here. They were out driving and decided to stop by to see our addition. Seeing Joel and meeting Amanda was an added bonus. I woke up Jeremy, apologized to Amanda, threw on some clothes and went out to visit while the others got themselves together. It was nice to see the aunts and uncles though. 

Then a friend dropped by to see Joel. We stood out in the yard and talked for a long time. It was also good to see them. My legs were tired of standing and talking by that point. Somehow I failed in the hospitality department and did invite any of our visitors inside. (I'll have to work on that for next time. lol)

It was good that we had already kind of planned for a later trip to the cove. We packed sandwiches and got ice cream on the way home.


After one late night I was thinking the children would go to bed earlier. But then all got snuggled together on the couch in an aunt and uncle heap and I couldn't disrupt it. So we had another very late night. Camp videos, silly banter and silly videos were involved.

I'm not even sure how it all came about, but Aliza, Josiah and Anna ended up with Pokemon accounts over the course of Saturday and Sunday. That led to needing to go on a Pokemon adventure, of course. I decided to be the driver and after a week of Pokemon driving, I'm getting very good at knowing the downtown, SU and Allen routes!
 
I actually did enjoy it. Everyone was together, talking and enjoying the experience together.



Amanda let Isaiah play on her account. He was thrilled and I don't think Amanda minded having a little
buddy beside her all the time. This time Isaiah had the chance to really be himself with Amanda.

 

The next weekend Grandma and Grandpa came! Grandma took the kids on a Pokemon drive. 


They were excited to see our addition progress. Mama Karen was teary...she is happy for us. Jeremy and Van were looking at the plans so that Van could visualize everything.


 They had already had a big week so we had a low key weekend. 

I never get tired of pictures of these brothers.

No comments: