Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Isaiah's Room

 We started Isaiah's room as we went into a really busy month. Consequently, I took forever to get his room done.

The plaster behind the heaters was in better condition than the other rooms. It didn't crumble on its own. It's interesting how every room has been unique in its challenges.
Jeremy took the plaster off, put up drywall, did the spackling and put up new trim.



Isaiah helped with painting. Actually he did a great job getting paint on the walls and I smoothed it out with a roller.
Finally, it was the day Isaiah has long been waiting for. The one thing he wanted for his room was an area rug. He picked it out and even considered price in his choice. He also picked out curtains and sheets. It was good he went with me because I could not have guess what he picked out.


Isaiah's original idea for his room was to paint Minecraft diamond blocks on his walls. My idea was Minecraft wall decals. He ended up picking out a poster and a set of Minecraft prints. Isaiah has LOVED this poster. He tells me all about it most nights.



It's so fun to watch him be thrilled with his room.

 

No comments: