Saturday, June 18, 2022

Tea Parties

 It was so fun to finally celebrate Mom's retirement with tea and Lady Grace Bed and Breakfast in Crisfield. Grace was so generous and hospitable. It was a lovely meal.

5 sandwiches, scones and 7 desserts! I took a couple desserts home and I don't think I've ever done that at a tea before.
Between scones and dessert everyone played a game which was fun.

Only a few days later, I hosted a tea party for the GA (Girls in Action) class. They meet on Wednesday nights at church. Aliza was part of the class before she moved to youth group and now Anna has been in the class for 4 years so far. I invited the past and present GAs and their Moms.
Mom is my tea party partner. She helped plan, made some desserts and contributed dishes and tea cups AND did the bulk of the clean up while I visited. Anna was also a helper with making the sandwiches and setting the table. She made a lot of the decorating decisions. Here Anna and Mom are making little ice cream sundaes. Anna added a sandwich and a dessert on to the menu as we were preparing! I had made tiny peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and she decided we needed to offer cookie ice cream sandwiches.
While we were making sandwiches, Anna put a strawberry with the cucumber to make a strawberry cucumber sandwich. She declared it amazing and it was added to the menu. It was actually very good!
We had the normal cucumber sandwich, chicken salad with strawberry, mandarin orange, pecans and poppyseed dressing, raisin bread with cream cheesek granny smith apple and havarti cheese, and a pinwheel sandwich of cream cheese, pesto, turkey, spinach and red pepper.
And PB&J and Ham and cheese for anyone who preferred not to be adventurous with food combinations.


Outside of family birthday parties, this was my first time hosting an event with enough space to comfortably do that. It was a lovely feeling that I plan to forever remember and be grateful for.


Sylvia was the honored guest for our tea. She has taught the GA class for much longer than my girls have been a part of it. She LOVES these girls, teaches them about missions, takes their prayer requests every week and faithfully prays for them. I believe that she prayed over every step of our construction process!
The girls played outside and the ladies visited and my Mom washed dishes. I thought it turned out to be a very nice evening.
 

No comments: