Friday, November 18, 2022

Reading Aloud

 Isaiah has discovered the joy of bedtime reading and I have rediscovered how much I enjoy reading aloud.

We started with Little Pilgrim's Big Journey--a children's version of Pilgrim's Progress. A map was included with the book and Isaiah LOVED having that to look at. He almost had it memorized by the end of the book.

Here's the thing about reading to Isaiah. He has A LOT to say even when he is listening to a story. He's constantly interrupting to tell me things or predict what is going to happen. Usually I have to tell him that "it's time to be quiet and listen."


Now we are reading a couple Minecraft books that we had on the bookshelf. I managed to read the 2nd book before the first one. Isaiah is still a little annoyed about that. Isaiah reads the first and last page of the chapter out loud. There aren't many words that he needs help with anymore. 

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is laying out for our next book. My kids have had mixed feelings about the Narnia series so it will be interesting to see what Isaiah thinks.

No comments: