Tuesday, January 3, 2023

New Years Weekend

 It was a Heslop Family Christmas Weekend!

We open gifts on Friday evening after we arrive. Isaiah was the first (for the last time!) to open his gifts and he patiently waited to be able to play outdoor ping pong in the dark.



I do find it necessary to take a picture of Isaiah reading by his own choice. He's been enjoying this Heroes and Villains book. It's an expansion book with The Action Bible.


We must have looked like tourists in Shepherdstown. A gentleman offered to take our picture.

The highly anticipated Oreo Espresso Milkshakes.


This is what we look like "doing a Pokemon raid".  We didn't plan ahead and were a device short so Isaiah was using my phone. Maybe next time I'll play--or maybe I'll hold a baby while Amanda plays. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, Pokemon times may be my best chance to hold a baby because all of the children will be occupied!


We ended the weekend with a fire. Isaiah got a set of roasting sticks and smore supplies so, of course, he had to try them out!

 

I sure enjoyed this break and tonight I think I'm ready to get back into the school routine. Not everyone in my household agrees with that sentiment.

No comments: