Sunday, January 22, 2023

Some Little Things From This Week

 
My sister, Linda, is really into diamond art projects. Since she was visiting for almost 2 weeks, we all got together one afternoon to do a diamond art project. I only took a picture of one completed coaster. It happens to be the one Josiah did. There were coasters, bookmarks and bracelets to choose from for an afternoon project.



It was fun to spend an afternoon just sitting around the table together.
Isaiah gave it a try for approximately 7.2 seconds. It was far too detailed and tedious for his liking! He preferred to spend the afternoon outside with Ezra and Sean.

 It was a cloudy, gray week and I hope that is what contributed to the overarching feeling of heaviness and frustration that seemed to mark our week. School wasn't great. Isaiah was even moaning about doing math which is easy for him and he never complains about. One day I had to tell Aliza and Josiah both to put away their math for the day and sleep on it. That proved to be a successful tactic this time. The next day it went much better. Maybe it's about this time every year that I worry daily that I am not doing great in the education realm. 

Added to that are big feelings and lots of thinking about a decision that we are making as a family, and also individually. There were tears and conversations and underneath the knowing that we are moving in the right direction as unlikely as it seems. I'm sure I'll talk more about this over time. 

It's going to be another full week of school and activities and friends. Joy will continue to surprise me in the most unexpected ways and I won't wish away these winter weeks because there are lessons to learn, memories to make and family time to absorb.

No comments: