Monday, April 24, 2023

Dance Weekend

 I'm finding that I have fewer words and bigger feelings about these events as my girls get older.


Aliza had a super fun jazz dance to Surf Crazy that included beach towels, beach balls, inner tubes and a bucket of "water" confetti at the end.


Anna LOVED her tap costume that had fringe, armbands, pearl necklace and feather hairpiece.


Anna's lyrical song was Yellow Flicker Beat from Hunger Games. This was her first intense, moody lyical dance and she loved it. Meanwhile, I'm not a fan of Hunger Games at all and I was trying to figure out how Anna was old enough to dance this dance. This year Anna moved in to a teen dance class which means she had some catching up to do at the beginning of the year and was the youngest in her class.

  

 Recital ended with a showcase of 7 songs from the The Greatest Showman. Aliza's class danced to Never Enough. It was gorgeous. I saw it a couple days before recital and had tears running down my face. It was a bit of a ridiculous "Mom moment."

Anna's jazz dance was This Is Me. It was like the dance was choreographed for Anna which almost made me tear up during recital.


We love having Grandma and Grandpa here for recital weekend.

Grandma and a bunch of aunts and uncles came to dress rehearsal or recital.
Aliza received her 10 year trophy and Anna her 6 year medal.



 






No comments: