Monday, May 1, 2023

Tech Week

 Our first ever Tech Week and I can say we survived!

Aliza and I had lots of car time together on the drives to and from Pocomoke for practice. Most days I made two trips to and from Pocomoke. I would drop off Aliza at the theater, come home and make supper and then go back to Mom and Dad's house until Aliza texted me that she was finished and ready to be picked up.

Here's how the week went:
Sunday 1:00-7:30
Monday 4:30-10:15
Tuesday 4:45-10:00
Wednesday 5:00-10:30
Thursday 6:30-8:30 (that was such a huge gift!)

And those times are when Aliza texted me that she was ready to be picked up. It was 45 minutes later than that until we got home.
Aliza missed her non-theater friends so much. Alena surprised her on Tuesday. Alena walked up to Aliza's room unannounced with an Island Creamery milkshake. It totally made Aliza's day!


By Wednesday it was getting pretty rough.


She made it through Thursday on sheer will power. She slept 11 hours Thursday night and let school go to be ready for the first show Friday night.


This week I've decided that behind every Hype Girl is a Calm Mama holding all the pieces together.

 

No comments: