Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Extra Special Peonies

 During the first week that I stayed with Karen, she and I talked about some of my flowerbed ideas. One thing that I told her was that I would like to put peonies between the hostas I have along the back of the house. 

While I was home that weekend Karen sent me a text that she had a surprise for me. I figured it had something to do with a birthday present since I had just had a birthday. She thought I would call her right away. Which I didn't. And so she waited to tell me until I got back to her house that Sunday. 

While she was scrolling through facebook on Saturday, Karen saw a post by someone she knew that was selling plants that day. They were listing what they had left at the end of the day and in the list were...peony tubers! Karen contacted them and they were thrilled to hook her up with some peonies and iris. They met Van halfway between their houses and they only let him pay $10 for ten peony plants and at least 10 iris bulbs.


Planting was my first priority when I got home! It doesn't look like much yet, but next year...or the next year...I'm going to have some very pretty flowers to remind me of this journey I took with Karen and how often we saw the goodness and kindness of God.
 

No comments: