Saturday, November 27, 2021

The Fishing Adventures

 I decided that we were not having school on Wednesday. Dad decided that it was a good day to go fishing. And somehow I decided that I would go fishing too which led to all of the children also being excited to go fishing. I spent Tuesday evening trying to figure out how to get out of going fishing. lol. It was the fishing that I wasn't excited about. I actually like being on the water; however, I do not like being cold and it was a COLD day. 

And so I wore 4 layers on top, fleece lined leggings under jeans, 2 pairs of socks, 2 hats, gloves, mask and sunglasses. The children thought it was overkill, but once we got on the water they were happy for all of the extra clothes I had brought along. Somehow we managed to be short a pair of gloves so I gave up mine and had cold hands. The sky was blue, the sun was shining and beyond the cold it was really a beautiful day.

We were fishing for Rock fish in the bay. Grandad hannded Aliza the first pole. She immediately caught fish. This was her first time on the boat.
It was pretty exciting to catch 2 fish on the first drop!
After that, the rest of our time looked like this:
The rest of us did not even get a bite. Turns out we were about an hour too late. 

It's a terrible camera angle, but Isaiah was my fishing buddy. Mostly he was happy for me to hold the pole while he ate snacks. Grandad stocks up on Doritos, Oreos, doughnuts and soda which the children very much look forward to. lol. And, yes, Isaiah chattered away nonstop the entire time.

Josiah was pretty bummed. With a full boat, we kindof invaded his fishing space. Josiah was due for a fun, very successful fishing trip. 

I'm not sure if it was Josiah's idea or Grandad's idea, but that evening Jeremy got a text about going fishing the next day. Jeremy, Josiah and Grandad got on the water at 8:30 the next morning and they caught lots of fish!

They look a little less intimidated about being cold than I was!





They caught Rock fish nonstop for an hour. Josiah said they caught at least 40. The limit is one per person so they only brought 3 home.


They had FUN!

 

No comments: