Tuesday, November 2, 2021

This Week's Building Progress (Oct. 25-29)

 

The original doorway to the dining room is now as wide as the new hallway. (The 2 boards in the middle are supports that have since been removed.)

This is what you see upon entering from the back door. We use the back door as our primary entrance for us and for company.


It was Wednesday that the doorway was cut open, I got back to my parents from taking Aliza to dance and there was this gorgeous bouquet on the counter for me from Jeremy. These flowers have been such a bright, pretty spot in my days. I brought them home for the weekend, but otherwise they have lived at my parents' house.


During the day on Wednesday, I found out that HVAC needed us to clear out a closet. I didn't understand until late evening that we also needed to move all the boxes from one side of the toy room to the other. Added to that, when I got home Wednesday afternoon everything was SO VERY dusty. Way more than normal. Turns out the plastic didn't stay secure as planned. I cleaned up only enough to make supper because we had to eat and head out for youth group and club. 

I felt discouraged and very tired, but I had gotten flowers so I couldn't be too down. Jeremy and I sat down together for our Wednesday night class. I made eye contact with a friend across the room and she came over to us with a huge bag of homemade snickerdoodle cookies. She was apologizing because she has wanted to make them and it had taken longer that she hoped. I told her it was just the perfect day for cookies. 

And then I had forgotten that Aliza needed to stay after youth group to practice for a thing on Sunday so it was even later than we normally get home. Now I had received flowers and been given cookies so I really couldn't complain about ANYTHING!

Jeremy and I moved the shelves of food and then emptied the closet under the stairs. I didn't add a picture of the toy room after we moved everything to the other side.

Thursday the return was installed in the closet, downstairs vents were cut and the new thermostat installed.

Yes, plenty of dust on Thursday too. 

Electric and plumbing passed inspection.

I *think* all of the soffit is finished. 

When the children and I come home every day, it is almost a scavenger hunt to find what has changed.

 

No comments: