Saturday, October 23, 2021

This Week's Building Progress (Oct 18-22)

 So many things happened this week. On Monday the entirety of the SEC company descended on our house. Additionally, electric and plumbing subcontractors were in and out this week. It was pretty exciting to know that a lot was getting done in one day.

The last replacement windows were finished and the sliding door was installed.


Window trim was started and worked on throughout the week. I think there are two windows left to trim in the old house. It look s so nice!


The new doorway was cut. It opens the dining room into the addition.



The soffit was replaced on the second story.


AND a new roof was put on the old house. This was subcontracted to an amazing crew. They worked so hard and efficiently. It was finished in one day.



When the new doorway was opened I realized that going to Mom and Dad's house during the day was going to need to be the routine until the house is finished. There is no privacy and I know it would be awkward for us and the workers if we are at home. I took all of our schoolbooks to my parents so that I can prepare for school the next day without having to lug our books back and forth. It's a very different rhythm and routine, but I think all of us are adjusting to it. I came across this towel and thought I had to have it for the most literal interpretation of it.


 This finishes week 7 of no laundry room or kitchen.

No comments: