Friday, October 22, 2021

This Week's Building Progress (Oct 1-8)

 The big thing we've been waiting for is windows. They were ordered in June and expected arrival to the supplier was "early October." I was so surprised when Jeremy told me that the windows had arrived to the supplier on October 1st! The thought was that the windows would be delivered the following Monday while we were in DC, so I worked really hard to have the house ready when we left. This is how I left the house for "vacation." Everything moved away from the windows.




As it turned out the windows were not delivered until after working hours on Wednesday, October 6. I was really disappointed because it seemed so ideal that some of the work inside our house be done while we were out of town. "Ideal" and "efficient" are not words that go along with construction projects. 

On Thursday, though, we arrived home to all of the new construction windows in the addition. It was so exciting to see.




And the front replacement windows went in on Friday. I'm SO excited about how the front porch is turning out.
 

And for fun--a before and after (before trim) from the inside.



No comments: