Thursday, August 4, 2022

A Refreshing Weekend

 Whether it's the setting or the people or a combination of both, this weekend brings out the best in my family. We have been going to Trout Run, PA to visit my aunt and uncle for 5 years now and it is the most looked forward to trip by all of the children. The weather was perfectly warm during the day and cool at night. The water was mountain cold, but that did not stop the children and Jeremy from swimming. I opted not to get wet above my knees which made Anna very sad.


The kayaks were in constant use for two afternoons.

 


Josiah declared this fishing kayak his "dream kayak".  I don't think anyone else had a turn in that one.




In the morning we walked on the mostly dry riverbed in another area.



Aliza climbed the landslide and mostly slide down.
The others caught minnows and looked for crawdads.


There was also lots of trampoline jumping, scavenger hunting, and yard game playing. 

Dan laid out his artistic photos from Kenya in the evening. I had never seen them or heard the stories behind the pictures. At one point all the children were around a picture that Dan was telling them about. Aliza asked questions which I know is so fun for someone who has stories to tell that are different from most people's experiences. It turned out to be a special time that I will treasure.


This week Isaiah has continued to lobby for us to go every 6 months instead of just once of year!

No comments: