Thursday, August 18, 2022

The Front Room

 Almost 8 months since we have moved in to our addition and I am just thrilled to be able to write about the transformation of the LAST room in our house. All of the tools and the paint have been taken to the shed and our house is finished!

This room has never had a real purpose. It's housed all of the children's toys for many years. Jeremy's computers were set up here for a while and this year it has been the staging area for painting and storing furniture and boxes while we were moving rooms around. This picture was from the very beginning. Most recently it was so full that there was just a walk way. Not the way I like to live at all! Even though I could pretty much ignore this space, I was still anxious to know that it was neat and clean.

I started doing the small tedious painting as I could over the last couple weeks. The trim on the outside of the stairs,
the built in bookcase, the window and door trims, and primed the crown molding.
Josiah did lots and lots of caulking.
Jeremy took out the heaters and I helped him remove the plaster. Every step of the way we reminded ourselves that this was the LAST time we had to do each step. Plaster is not very much fun to deal with. The start of school was quickly approaching and Jeremy knew that I so very much wanted the house done before I started school. Last week he was working on spackling the drywall. On Saturday he sanded the last coat and put up the floor trim. I decided to delay the start of school for 2 days to paint and set up the front room. 

On Monday Aliza and I painted. I could not have pulled this off without her. I painted trim and cut in. She rolled. We had the primer done by lunch. I had also cut in the ceiling for Jeremy. In the afternoon we did the first coat of paint. After supper Jeremy rolled the ceiling and I cut in and rolled the second coat of paint. I was exhausted but it was SO worth it!

Tuesday morning Mom came to help me scrub the floor. It was a mess. And then Mom helped me move around the furniture. We were given a couch last week that fits perfectly. Anna claimed it for school and had a ball organizing all her things.
Tuesday night I unpacked all the boxes of my things. I found so many things that I had forgotten about since I packed them up 9 months ago.

Probably most exciting was setting up my scrapbooking space. I was so EXCITED Tuesday night. Truth be told, I still am!
I've had my "Are you ready to see your Fixer Upper?" feeling. Every step has felt great, but knowing that it's done is a feeling of great accomplishment. 

7 out of 7 spaces finished!

(We did start school on Wednesday. More on that later!)
 

No comments: