Sunday, December 31, 2023

Our Family Christmas

 Our family Christmas made my heart happy this year. Having big kids is pretty great--they sleep in and still get excited about giving and receiving gifts. This year we also had Christmas Eve at home. We went to the Christmas Eve service and had soup and fancy hot chocolate when we got home. Then we watched Christmas with The Chosen--"Holy Night." That is a Christmas movie that I won't mind watching every year.

Jeremy started off the morning with amazing cinnamon rolls that he made. I completely failed on brunch by not having bacon--or enough eggs. I have no idea how I managed to do that. 

The blanket tradition continues! I don't really blame Josiah for choosing the couch (lol), but the others all make their spots (claim their territory?) on the floor with blankets.

Aliza had the most fun putting together a snack basket for Isaiah. And he was thrilled with it!
The sisters and the brothers gave each other the same gifts. The girls gave each other weighted stuffed animals and the boys gave each other nerf guns.
Josiah's mug from Aliza says, "This is one awesome brother" with an arrow pointing up!



 The most interesting gift turned out to be Isaiah's remote controlled paper airplane. I was skeptical when Jeremy sent the idea to me, but since I didn't have a better idea I went with it. It's controlled through a phone app and it flies well! It's a little tricky to figure out at first and seems to be attracted to trees, but they have had a lot of fun with it.
Instead of a traditional meal, I went with Ramen and pork which is a hit with a high majority of the family. It's also a mean I knew would not keep me in the ktichen all day. 

No comments: