Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Our Girls Day

 After we saw Moses at Sight and Sound in September, I knew the girls would love to see the Christmas show. It was a bit impulsive, but I invited my mom and sisters and bought tickets for December 21. There were not many shows or seats to choose from--even buying 3 months ahead. 

Grandma/Mom was able to join us and we had such a special girls day. I decided this was the perfect opportunity to introduce my girls to Cheesecake Factory on our way to Lancaster. We had lunch and, of course, cheesecake! It was as impressive for the girls as I thought it would be. Anna could not stop exclaiming over her huge plate of chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and corn. Aliza had a Korean Beef Bowl which she really liked.

White chocolate raspberry, key lime and Turtle were the cheesecake choices.

Barnes and Noble gave us a chance to walk around a bit before driving the last hour to Sight and Sound.
Aliza kept the music going all the way to Lancaster and all the way home--6 hours. I'm not even sure that we had any repeat songs. We sang some, talked a lot, and listened to Aliza and Anna sing more.

The show was so good. The music, the acting, the story, all pointed us to true meaning of Christmas and right before Christmas Day.
Usually I race to get home after a day away, but this time we decided to have supper at a local place called Agape Cafe before we drove home. I had promised Anna Starbucks on the way home. After a couple missed turns we found one in Target--that had closed a couple minutes before we got there. I should not attempt to find Starbucks off of my known path. I have had more than one failed Starbucks stop. 

Aliza sang us the rest of the way home! She said she has 5 hours of good music--the last hour she was having to look a bit for songs. 

Such good memories!



 

No comments: