Sunday, February 27, 2022

Water Fun

 We spent 2 nights at Great Wolf Lodge alternating between playing in the water park and resting in our rooms. We were with friends and I really really wanted to have fun and be a fun friend, but, in reality, I just wasn't feeling it.

 

Isaiah had a ball. He went down every slide except the biggest one.
Aliza had the time of her life. She lived every second we were there to the fullest.




Josiah had a good time. He did every slide multiple times. He invited me to go double on one of the bigger slides which I did and enjoyed.
There were races down the slides between the boys and the girls .
We ate pizza in the lobby the second evening. That was a lot of fun. It was by that evening that I bought cough drops from the gift shop. My throat had felt "tired" since Saturday evening. I chalked it up to talking all day at the funeral which was a true statement. By Monday, though, I was drinking water constantly to keep from coughing. Monday evening I couldn't cover it anymore. I slept on the couch and felt like I coughed all night. Tuesday I stayed in the room because I knew I was sick.








I could hardly believe Isaiah did the boogie board. He stayed on really well. When he got off he said that he wasn't going to do that again. Aliza did really well too.
A group picture as we parted ways.

 

I used a home test the next morning--I had a COVID cold. And so for yet another week we limited our activities. The girls still went to dance but other than that we stayed home. The Heslop COVID stats are now--we've all had it. Jeremy is the only one who has not had it since Jan. 2021.  I'm figuring we are good to go for a while now.

 

No comments: