Friday, August 7, 2026

July 13

 The day of my brother-in-law, my sister's husband, my nephew's dad, my parent's son-in-law, my children's uncle's funeral. 


John wanted his sword bent to represent that his battle is finished. It was displayed along with jewelry that he made, favorite books and photos. 

The service was emotional. Very very emotional. Just when I thought I could stop the tears the next song would play and I would be crying again. Having bagpipes play Amazing Grace during the recessional was absolutely perfect for John and extremely emotional. 

Josiah was sitting to my right and Aliza was beside him. I looked over early in the service and Josiah was holding Aliza's hand. He held her hand the entire service. 
The tears did not slow down at the graveside. And then we had a luncheon at church. 


We knew that two of my aunts were coming from Pennsylvania and Texas for the funeral. We did not know that two of my uncles and a cousin were coming from Michigan. A luncheon was not long enough to visit, and so everyone came to our house for a few more hours. It was a not-too-hot day and we visited outside.  

My house was not company ready. Jeremy's parents had also arrived that morning. Karen and Janell got to my house first and did some quick tidying up. I had mowed the grass which I was very thankful that I did!My uncles, aunts and cousins had not seen our house at all or since we remodeled so, of course, I showed them the whole downstairs not just the living areas. As much as I was cringing on the inside, I would not have had it any other way. 

These sunflowers were at the luncheon and ended up at my house. They made me really happy. 
My aunt from Texas spent the night at our house. She and Aliza left at 4am to get to BWI for their 8am flights. My aunt would not have had to take such an early flight. Her sacrifice of sleep was a huge gift to me to not have to drive to Baltimore. 


 

No comments: