Saturday, August 1, 2026

July 8

 Most of the story of this day will stay in my heart and only be shared verbally out of respect for the depth of my sister's story. What I felt and continue to feel, in no way, compares to what she experienced and continues to experience. 

At 2:20 I got a call from Sean and then immediately a call from Laura. I heard her voice and knew it was "the" call. She wanted me to come. God gave me the place I felt completely inadequate to be. I was with Sean. The one to tell him that his Daddy is with Jesus now.  

And when Sean went with his Uncle Jeff and cousins, I made the calls to our siblings and friends. The hardest calls for me were to the the guy that was with Isaiah and Aliza's director. I knew Aliza would be heartbroken and I wasn't there to comfort her. Isaiah was surprised, but it didn't slow him down. I felt the absence of Aliza and Isaiah very deeply that day. 

My facebook post:

This happened far too soon. John, you fought the fight well. You kept the faith during deep suffering. Now you are enjoying the discovery of all the gems and jewels in heaven. I'll expect a full tour with every detail explained when I get there!
Laura, you fought the fight when your husband couldn't. Your faith never wavered and will carry you through. You are the best Mom for Sean. You cared for his heart well over this year and I know that God will continue to give you the wisdom for that care in the future.
Mom, your example of sacrificial love and care for John, Laura and Sean over this year and especially the last 2 months is one I will look up to for the rest of my life. Your strength under pressure is unmatched.
 



 

No comments: