Sunday, August 9, 2026

July 14

 If you are keeping track, the next day, July 14, was our 25th wedding anniversary. What a privilege to be able to celebrate our marriage and love that has matured and grown over a quarter of a century.  






As every 22 year old does, I took so much about love and marriage for granted. A marriage doesn't make it to 25 years by chance. It takes intention, communication and a lot of growing together to create a foundation that stands the test of time, children and life. 

Jeremy and I had couple days together in the Poconos. "We were together" is what I say about those days away. The place we stayed was not our style...laughingly so! The smoke from Canada was so thick we could not do outdoor activities one day. At home our kids weren't feeling great. Josiah and Isaiah had colds. Anna was some-kind-of-really sick. Thankfully, since Jeremy's parents are now retired, they could stay with our children so Anna wasn't alone. The smoke cleared enough the second day that we could hike which was nice. Mostly, though, we are just together and that was most important this time. 

No comments: