Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Life Currently

The last couple weeks I have been relishing the feeling of the mundane routine. That routine doesn't lend itself well to blog posts, but after a very little bit of snow today and listening to rain while the children fell asleep, I'm ready to document a little slice of life right now.

  • I'll start with school. It takes up a big chunk of my energy. Aliza is so amazingly independent and responsible. She sets up in my room every morning about 8:00. I check on her here and there, but I basically don't see her until lunch. Josiah told me this week that he had the ability to do his schoolwork on his own. My jaw dropped and he quickly added that he still very much likes me sitting with him. Maybe there is hope!? Anna is in the thick of 2nd grade which means whining, complaining and general bad attitude about school. When she decides to have a good attitude it is delightful to work with her. Isaiah knows a handful of addition facts and likes to quiz us frequently. He also makes up his own random answers. He will definitely be starting kindergarten in the fall.
  • Josiah had his first gaming with friends night this week. He, 2 friends and Jeremy played Fortnite. Josiah does not get to play that game often and to have it on the computer (for that night) that he uses regularly was a treat. I asked him if he had fun and he answered that he could not have had more fun. 
  •  I finished reading Becoming by Michelle Obama. I don't spend emotional energy on politics but it is interesting to have an inside view on current history and the living in the White House. Her story is fascinating in its entirety. 
  • I have some new opportunities with representing BJU Press this spring. I've got a handful of trainings on my calendar. 
  • A new responsibility that I have is taking phone calls for orders for a food ministry my church is involved in called Share Food. More on that later! 
  • Anna is going to the eye doctor and she is nervous. I told her she would have to read letters off the chart like she has done before. She said that makes her so scared because she doesn't want to get any wrong. Yes, my sweet daughter, that is exactly why I hate going to the eye Dr. too. 
  • I'm pretty sure I lose the balancing act of screen time every single day. Some people find screen time to be a very black and white issue. For me, it is gray. Maybe the gray weather makes the issue gray. I'll hope so for now.
  • I'm reading the last book in the Penderwick series to Aliza and Josiah. (Anna can't sit still long enough to listen. lol) All 3 of us will be sad when it is finished. 
  • I'll be Mom to a teenager in 10 days!
  • There are lots of bright sides to having an almost teenager, but the most recent bright thing was that Jeremy and I left Aliza in charge at home and had an hour long date at Starbucks. 
  • If you find yourself thinking that life has lived up to your expectations, I highly recommend It's Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa Terkheurst. 
  • Isaiah fell asleep while I was rocking him tonight. Be still my heart. Time needs to stop. 

No comments: