Tuesday, November 27, 2012
2. My 3 children
3. Car insurance. Our minivan is not totaled. The 3 littles ones who are crammed in the back of our Accord can't want for it to be fixed!
4. Jeremy. I can't think of an adequate way to put into words how thankful I am for him so I'll just leave it at that!
5. That moment when I was loading the dishwasher way back in 1999 and I turned around and my eyes met Jeremy's and I knew he wasn't just a "friend."
6. My Heslop family. I love them and would not be complete without them.
8. Grocery shopping in the evening--alone.
9. Texting. It was invented for Mom's--I'm convinced.
10. My voice. It was 8 years ago that I did not have a voice and did not know if I would ever have a voice again.
11. In that same vein, I'm so thankful for synthetic thryoid!
12. Scrapbook Saturdays!!!
13. Loyal and long lasting friendships
14. Getting to take my Gramma to do her Christmas shopping
(This is getting hard...and it's getting late!)
15. It's still safe to burn a candle on the stove. That makes me happy.
16. Books. In this phase of my life reading makes me feel intelligent. lol.
17. That I am becoming increasingly confident and secure in who I am
18. I have friends who are completely different than me. That makes my life so much richer.
19. The many ministries and organizations that my helped to shape my faith today.
20. I have 3 living grandparents. What a privilege!
21. I'm thankful that I figured out (quite a while ago) that my Dad and Mom are the smartest people on the planet!
22. My children sleep every night. Thank you God!!!
23. And I smile every morning when I see them--an even bigger miracle!
24.Hugs and kisses and cuddles and reading books
25. AND "patience development" (for me)
26. My little sister is going out with a guy who is a goldsmith. He can expand my wedding set that I have not been able to wear since I was pregnant with Anna!! So excited!
The top of my head has become the bottom of my brain. I can't think of another remotely interesting thing! So we'll leave it at 26. Good night!
Monday, November 26, 2012
Anna got to open her present from Mommy and Daddy in the morning before we left for Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Grandma made a yummy butterfinger ice cream sandwich cake. Uncle Josh was on skype to sing Happy Birthday and Anna was a pro at blowing out candles.
Finally we celebrated Anna with my family on Sunday. Aliza was the designated helper. She brought Anna's gifts to her. I believe Josiah was too busy with Legos to even notice that Anna was opening presents. Anna got her sleeping bag from Grandma and Grandad, but was not at all sure about the puppy face looking at her. She finally petted the face, but she was not laying in the sleeping bag. Aliza laid down saying, "I'll give Anna an example."
Friday, November 23, 2012
Dad and I carried it in the house and up the stairs. It fits perfectly in the closet. The exact spot that Aliza planned for it.
It's so so fun to watch a kid's dream come true! It's also really fun to watch a Grandad get so excited about a doll house project!
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
When I found out it was actually going to happen I cried. Not tears of joy. During that evening I had to make a choice if I was going to be resentful and ugly or if I was going to be an awesome wife and a fun Mom. Thankfully I chose the latter and stuck to it. I did remind Jeremy frequently that he has an awesome wife.
He left early last Thursday morning and upon arrival at his hotel I received this picture:
I only melted down the 2nd morning after Anna drew on my keyboard. The 3rd morning when Anna cracked 5 eggs on the floor while I was in the shower, I just calmly cleaned them up. We spent the night at Mom's on Saturday night and spent the day there on Sunday.
Jeremy had a great time. They played 3 amazing courses. One of them being Sawgrass Stadium Course (it's a course where one of the Major tournaments is held every year). The disappointment was that it was rainy, cold and windy.
|The Clubhouse at Sawgrass|
I am so glad he's home! I promptly struck a deer his first evening home.
Monday, November 19, 2012
So I buy groceries, call the insurance company, find someone at the store to let them know my car will be there overnight, take out the car seats and gather up all the shoes and other stuff that was in the car until Brian could come. By this time the parking lot had emptied and there were no other cars around me. I was in and out of the car and whatnot when another car pulled up beside me. The lady rolled down the window and said she didn't have any money for gas could I spare a few dollars. I got my wallet and gave her what I had. I don't know why. Hopefully she really did need it for gas. If not, oh well.
Brian came and I decided that I wanted to see the deer. I knew it had to be right by the road. It was. I was taking a picture for good measure when Brian said I should hold its head up like a good hunting photo. I couldn't touch it. That's as close as I would get.
Friday, November 16, 2012
While I was in the shower this morning someone got hold of my scrapbook pens and drew on the keyboard. The same someone or a different someone ruined the same pen by pressing too hard. Because of my life this week I was reduced to tears over this. It was only 9am and I wanted to just curl back up in bed and call it a day. Actually I just wanted to fast forward to Monday.
This is the good:
All in all the good outweighs the bad even on hard days.
Monday, November 12, 2012
The project was a shoebox theatre. Aliza's vision was to create a show based on a My Little Pony ipad game she is playing. She drew two backgrounds and drew the Pony characters. They all have names but I can't remember them! She started at 3:00 and by 5:00 I was really feeling the need for her to work on other subjects. I knew she was doing something productive and educational but I didn't want to set the precedent that if she worked on a project she could get out of other work that she doesn't enjoy as much.
Pretty soon I received this note:
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Josiah got a haircut this weekend. He wanted a mohawk just like his cousin's. Jeremy did a very subtle mohawk. Tonight Jeremy put gel in it so the front was spiked. It was cute. He was proud. And people won't notice it just walking by.
Can the weekend continue? It's been a most lovely weekend.