332. The only person I can control is myself.
333. Jeremy talked business with me while we drove this evening
334. Left feeling depleted and returned refreshed
338. Perfect driving weather
339. Supper on the road with good friends
340. An empty waiting room
341. Brandi to talk to
342. A quick pharmacy
343. A dump truck in front of me to keep me from driving too fast
344. A husband comfortable taking over in a pinch
345. Sitting beside Grandma King
346. Playing in the stream
347. Big cousins happily playing with little cousins
348. Listening to 3 siblings chatter in the backseats
349. Treasure hunt
350. On the porch listening to spring rain
351. Fascinating treasures on our walk
352. Mama bird on her nest in our tree
353. Laura's late night call!
354. When Josiah got out of the car after the fishing trip, he ran to me saying, "Mommy, I caught a whopper!"
355. Laughing around the table
356. Fish fry supper
359. Helping my sister prepare her party food
361. A tired that comes from a big day
362. Mother's Day morning to stay in bed as long as I want
363. A sister to keep me in line
365. My Mom shows me what it means to sacrifice for my family
366. Mom shows me that most of the time it's better to keep my mouth shut
367. Mom taught me to work hard
368. A good attitude in spite of having a cold
369. First strawberries of the season
370. Project list
371. Bathtub fishy
373. Frozen go-gurt made me a snack time hero
374. Kids with excessive energy and personality
375. "Mommy, I love you more than 100 alligators!"
376. A friends thoughts to challenge mine
377. Counting gifts by the bonfire
379. Flowers in amazing colors
381. Little girls sitting very still to get their fingers and toes painted
382. Heard: Grandpa is going to take me to my high school prom!
383. Siblings (mine): and plenty of them!
384. Gramma's ice cream social
385. Signs of maturity here and there
387. Planting a cork screw willow tree
389. Aliza and Josiah deep in conversation about Minecraft
390. Strawberry jam for the freezer
391. Perfect day for picking strawberries
393. Hotdogs and soda at a baseball game
395. My heart turning to prayer
396. Some time alone with Anna
397. Ignored some messes so that I could enjoy the good things
398. Josiah being big brother to Anna
399. The start of summer break from school
400. Celebrating hard work and accomplishment
401. Windows open on a cool rainy day
402. A ladies tea
403. My friend sharing what her heart knows
404. A walk in the woods
407. Dreaming about trips far away
408. Jeremy did child care at church so I could listen to the sermon
409. Gramma's Memorial Day picnic
410. A phone call from my brother-in-law
413. Aliza wanting to sit at the table and just talk
414. Ordering pictures for my Gramma
415. Blue sky
416. Blue water
417. Blue bathing suits
419. Gift given: Jeremy's overnight golf excursion
420: Gift given: TCBY just because
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Janell's girls were clinging to her for dear life and Anna was grabbing her hand to go out deeper!
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Yesterday was the last day of school in the Heslop household. We all sat at the table and supported Aliza during her last lesson. There are so many emotions when finishing something you are really invested in--happy, sad, excited, nervous--Aliza felt it all. She was excited for summer, sad to say good-bye to her teacher and unsure of moving on to the next grade. I felt compassion for Aliza and all her emotions but, honestly, I wanted to do a happy dance. I restrained myself. =)
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Anna enjoyed eating.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Everyone was commenting on the shade of Anna's hair color after supper. I had to confess that she had put a bunch of product in her hair before we left--lotion, lip gloss and mineral oil!
Just cool enough that a blanket felt good. Of course I only packed summer attire. Ah well. Everyone survived!
I'm so happy to have my parents close by to live life with, but it's sure fun to have far away Grandparents too. We get to do so many extra fun things with them that aren't part of normal life. We got home just in time to go to my parents house to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday. Yay!