Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hello Summer!!!

Yesterday was the last day of school in the Heslop household. We all sat at the table and supported Aliza during her last lesson. There are so many emotions when finishing something you are really invested in--happy, sad, excited, nervous--Aliza felt it all. She was excited for summer, sad to say good-bye to her teacher and unsure of moving on to the next grade. I felt compassion for Aliza and all her emotions but, honestly, I wanted to do a happy dance. I restrained myself. =)


To change the tone from sad to happy, Aliza and Josiah played minecraft and it was a laid back and happy day from there. Aliza showed me the lastest addition to one of her worlds.
 
We had a celebration for the end of the school year. Grandma and Grandad came for supper and Aliza laid out all of her work on a table. I find it satisfying to see how much Aliza accomplished. She learned so much this year. The difference between the first reader and the last reader is tremendous.


Aliza thought it was pretty amazing to sit between Grandma and Grandad. Tacos for supper and brownies and ice cream for dessert.

Now I have a second grader and a kindergartener. I'm glad I have the summer to wrap my brain around that one!

No comments: